пятница, 10 февраля 2012 г.

Some reflections while leaving Berdyansk on the train



I am now on the train from Melitopil to Kiev by myself. Five weeks has truly passed so fast that I didn't even realize. It seems as if I'm still dreaming a sweet dream. Today is the day that I suddenly feel like missing Berdyansk, Ukraine and people here. Thank you so much for caring for me for the past weeks. Olga, Sasha, Kate, Yarik, Suryo, Ad, Kim, Jonathan, Martins and even Photo Cafe. Everyone that has helped me, talked with me, and traveled with me will always be carved in my heart.

It seems that I've been to Kiev, Dnipropetrovsk, Melitopil ( if that counts), Simferopol, Yalta and stayed in Berdyansk for most of the time. Sasha has asked me about my work and life here, about what I think of the crazy parties before I arrived. To be honest, I'm not a party animal or anything.I really enjoy the quiet life
here in winter and spring. Though I haven't been travelling a lot here ( Pity that I haven't been to Donetsk, Lviv, Odessa or other places), I love my regular routine here in Berdyansk. Every day I walked along the bank of Alsov Sea or Lenin Street to and back from work by myself. The monuments, statues, and pigeons become my best friends and it's like living a real life here. However, there are of course other pities, like didn't have the chance to go fishing, go to nightclub and go swimming. To the interns who will come here this summer, please remember to do the things above. People here are nice, kind and enthusiastic despite that sometimes they can do things quite at random. By the way, if you love Vodka and beauties, it is your paradise.

About the work here. I've been an ET here working at ABC Learning Centre as an English teacher.The age of pupils is between 7 to 17 and sometimes i have classes with adults who desire to learn English. Once in a while, kids here lack the enthusiasm of learning and sometimes are quite lazy.But smart kids and beautiful smiles are everywhere. My students love me so much that before i left Berdyansk they hugged me very very tight and gave me presents and best wishes. And of course I love them back. For kids of 7 and 8 years old,they are rather naughty and noisy and can't understand you or follow your classes often. On the other hand, for kids of 16 and 17, they are already acting like adults and I can't really figure out what they really want because they are not curious about anything they see or hear. Under these circumstances, it is hard to motivate them but i have tried my best. And if you find a way to cooperate with them, they are quite awesome. As for me, the best age may be between 12 and 14. Practically, they understand everything you say if you can explain in an easy way and besides they are still the early sunlight of the day. Anyway, I have enjoyed the life here very much. In the end, thanks must go to AIESEC Berdyansk, and Alina of ABC Learning Centre, both of whom have offered me the chance to have such a different experience here.

Oh and plus, I like the habit of greeting people wiht hugs here.Feels so warm and welcome. I will definitely bring your best wishes to all of my friends by hugging them. My love goes to every AIESECer and friend in Berdyansk! I'm glad that I have met you. Love you always and keep in contact. I believe in destiny so I'm sure we will see each other somewhere around the world again!

Ivy SHAO
May 6, 2011

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий